Each year, the Foundation awards a four-year, renewable scholarship to a graduating senior who has chosen to pursue a career in teaching.
This award of $1,000 per year is our way of showing support to young people who choose the field of education as their personal way of making a difference in the world.
Any high school senior, who meets the following eligibility criteria, is welcome to submit an application:
- A current transcript, grade-point average (GPA) and ACT or SAT score must be submitted with the application.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be residents of the Rochester School District who attended all four years at Rochester High School.
- Applicants must be degree-seeking majors in the field of Education.
- Applicants must describe their involvement in activities that have prepared them to pursue a teaching career.
- Applicants must submit a written recommendation from a Rochester teacher attesting to the applicant’s preparedness for a teaching career.
A subcommittee of the REF Board reviews applications and selects finalists. Finalists may be required to participate in an interview with the subcommittee.
To be eligible for renewal of the scholarship:
- Recipients must remain in the field of education and provide proof of good standing in an education preparation program.
- Recipients must maintain a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
To access the scholarship application, click here. Or pick up a copy in the Student Services Office.
Additional projects are funded as our annual budget allows. Over the years, we’ve funded a variety of needs, including Fine Arts, Technology, Science and Sports.
If you are on staff with the Rochester Unit School District and wish to apply for project funding, click here to access the application.